Thursday, September 17, 2009
Sonoma County Hosts International Award Winning Instructor
Alison Kenyon has been a fine artist in the San Francisco Bay area for 30 of her 36 years, winning her first of countless juried art shows at age 6!
In high school, she was twice awarded scholarships to attend summer sessions at the prestigious Academy of Art college.
In college she was selected for a coveted European art study program in London and Paris.
She began face and body art in 1993, and has since been flown around the world to do makeup at the 2001 Miss India Pageant, body painting at Arnhem's International Human Statue contest, and countless events as in-house makeup artist for San Francisco's own Velocity Circus.
In 2004, Alison was winner of the International Face and Body Art competition in San Francisco, and since then has continued to hone her craft in extensive workshops with the world's finest face and body artists: Olivier Zegers, 2 time world champions of body painting Raphaelle and Gary Fieldhouse, and the Wolfe Brothers.
Alison is a featured artist (credited as Penney the Clown) and conceptual contributer to the new 2007 edition of the Klutz Face Painting book!
Hosted by Karen of www.Fairydustfaces.com Alison will be teaching in Santa Rosa Monday, September 28
10:30 am - 6:00 pm
(7 hours, total)
Perfect for those who couldn't make it to Living Canvas, or who want to keep their convention momentum rolling with an all-day intensive.
We will be covering:
• of course, revisiting airbrush-quality sponge blending
• color theory, light theory, and composition
• how to "see" and block out basic shapes, making it easier to copy and learn to "draw" complicated subjects like cars, trucks, people, horses, etc without feeling overwhelmed
• all these foundational concepts will be put into practice, with a focus on designs for October
• I'll be including great designs for "fancy ladies" going to costume parties; ladies who don't want their entire face painted,
but still want to look sexy fabulous.
• EXRAS: I will also include some "bonus" bling tips, for those individual party-going clients that you want to really impress so they call you every year. What to get, where to get it, and how to use it.
• As always, there will be an artistic challenge exercise designed to get you thinking outside the box and get your juices flowing
• This is an advanced class: you should have at least 2 years' experience
(if you've already taken my classes, you're in, regardless of experience)
Price for the class is $150
"EARLY BIRD" SPECIAL: I know it's already close to the date, so the term "early" is relative, but
sign up by September 21, and the class is only $125
"BRING A BUDDY" SPECIAL: get a friend to sign up and the class is only $125
(if you sign up early AND bring a buddy, it's only $100!!!!)
Kids Party Central
327 Ohair Ct, Santa Rosa
Fine art face and body painting